I was surprised at how much the themes in the webinar paralleled some of the ideas in Scrum. Here are some of the points from the webinar:
- Work in 90 minute iterations through the day, stop to reflect and prioritize.
- Do your most important task of the day first before anything else, even email.
- Don't switch context. Work in serial rather than parallel.
- Celebrate incremental successes.
- When working in a team everyone should share commitment.
- It might be necessary to take a "leap of faith" by changing the way you work, but stick with it for 30 days and then gauge your productivity.
- Perform daily rituals at the same time every day.
- Have transitional rituals before and after work.
This is really living Agile. I can't wait until the next webinar titled "How to Give Feedback People Can Hear". I'll wager it borrows heavily from Agile too.